It was something that was always in me. Music was always a huge focus in my life. It was always important to me. I was always writing, I was always at a show performing after school and on the weekends. It played a big role in my childhood. I looked up to so many different entertainers when I was growing up. I knew that someday that would be me.
2. What can we expect from your debut album? Are you writing all of the songs?
It’s a cool blend of pop, dance and hip-hop. I’m actually working on my EP entitled ...Then there was V and It would be out this November. Its a teaser of what's to come on my debut album in 2013. Its fresh and it will demonstrate more independence and a little bit more personality. I collaborated with a lot of different producers and a lot of different writers, which was an amazing opportunity for me. I have the single to the EP coming later this month. Oh yeah and I’ve been writing a lot of the material (laughs).
Click Read More to check out the full interview!
3. Who are your musical inspirations?
I have so many influences musically. Michael Jackson, Prince, Usher, and Aaliyah is just a few of many.
4. If you could go open up for any artist on tour who would it be?
Rihanna! she has a big following and she’s hot right now.
5. Where would you most like to perform?
Anywhere in Europe. I love the people there. They have so much respect for us artist and they make you feel at home.
6. What artist are you listening to on your iPod?
Jay Z, Kanye West, Rihanna, Pitbull, Rita Ora, Jessie J, Miguel, Chris brown, usher, P!nk, Prince, Lisa Loeb, The Script, J Cole, The Fray, Eagle-Eye Cherry, Mike Posner, Maroon 5 The list goes on.
7. Who would you love to work with and why?
8. What are your thoughts on illegal downloads?
I think they SUCK!! (laughs) But you have to look at the pros and cons of it. People are still listening to the music. They want it. You look at an Artist on YouTube and see that their videos have more than 100 million views but the records sales flop that’s because people are not buying records.
9. If you weren't singing, what would you be doing?
I will still be involved somehow in the arts. Or a personal trainer because I love fitness.
10. Regarding an acting career. Is it on your future plans? If so what genre of film or TV Show you would like to star in?
I just wrapped up a film called Quicksand with Alberto Suarez. I play a homeless teenager struggling throughout NYC. It’s been playing in many film festivals in the United States. I’ve always looked up to my cousin Judy Reyes (best known for her portrayal of Nurse Carla Espinosa on the NBC TV comedy Scrubs for eight seasons). As far as genre anything thats challenging. There are no small roles there are small actors. Its how you bring that character to life.
11. Do you play any musical instruments?
I play the piano and I’m slowly getting into playing the guitar.
12. What are the five things you can’t live without?
Music, Phone, Computer, Family, and FOOD!! (laughs)
13. Do you have any hidden talents?
I do that’s why there hidden. (Laughs)
14. Ten years from now you will be….