Thursday, 2 August 2012
14:57 Caesarlivenloud caesarlivenloud No comments
Hey guys! It is time for another interview! This time I had the pleasure to ask Adam Whittington some questions so we could all get to know him better. He shared that Michael Jackson was an inspiration while growing up, had a crush on Britney Spears and would love to tour with her. He also talked about his anti-bullying message.
1. I have read you started writing, recording and producing music at a very young age! What made you want to follow music? Was it always the #1 thing you wanted to do for a living?
I was definitely always drawn to music. It seemed like I was doing music related things constantly without even realizing it. What definitely made me really want to pursue it was my belief that it can change someone’s life. To have someone listen to a song and see their whole mood change (for the better) is something I have always loved and still do. I want my music to affect people in a good way. From being able to dance and have fun after a long day or inspiring someone to follow their dreams, it’s something that means a lot to me. I’m pretty sure music was always in the list of things I wanted to do with my life. I know when I was real little, becoming an astronaut, fireman, and president were probably thrown around too. Haha.
2. How did you feel when your debut album, Adam Whittington To You, was released and gained success in your region?
It was such an amazing feeling. I was so honored. I was just some small town boy recording in his room and then suddenly I couldn’t go anywhere without people asking for pictures or saying they heard my song on the radio. It was really amazing the first time I got to hear my song on the radio. I freaked out!
3. What song - out of the ones you already released/written - means the most to you? Why?
Hmm…Well that’s a really difficult question. I’m really happy with “Make the World Love Again” and “Dare to Dream” but I’d probably have to narrow it down to “To You”. It’s the song where it all started and is one that I wrote when I was going through a pretty difficult time in my life. When I listen back it really helps me remember why I started writing and doing music.
4. How did your song, Make the World Love Again, end up on Paris Jackson’s upcoming movie Lundon's Bridge and the Three Keys? Have you met her yet?
I was so excited when I found out it was getting placed on the trailer. I got to meet the author of the book (Dennis Christen) and some other people involved in the movie and they listened to my song. It fit perfect for the trailer so they decided to use it. I did have the honor of meeting Paris and her grandmother. They were such wonderful, kind, down to earth people.
5. From all the places you toured so far which one was your favourite? Why?
One of my favorite events that I’ve toured at was probably the 95.9 KISS FM Summer Slam event. I got to perform with Sammy Adams, Colby O’donis, and Stefano Langone. The crowds, performances, and overall energy were amazing. It was so great to meet all of my amazing fans in the area. The staff and people that put on the event were probably some of the nicest people I have ever met. It was a great show!
6. Are you planning any collaborations/duets?
Not at the moment, but in the future I would love to.
7. What artists influenced you the most to pursue a music career and to adopt this style of music?
Well when I was younger I used to see different pop artists on TV and be all like “I wanna do that”. I loved the performances and how entertaining it was. I would def. say that Michael Jackson had a big influence on me…and well of course all pop music in general.
8. With whom would you love to work with and why?
As far as singers or groups I would love to work with Britney Spears, Karmin, or The Wanted.
9. Where would you most like to perform?
I would love to someday perform at the Grammy’s. I also really want to start touring out of the country and go to Europe.
10. If you were given the chance to pick one artist to tour with which one would it be and why?
Well I’ve had a mini crush on Britney spears ever since I was little so I would love to tour with her. I love her performances and she def. knows how to put on a show.
11. I’ve read you have promoted anti-bullying across the Western USA. What is the main message you want to convey to all your fans about bullying?
Well when I was younger I was bullied for my love of music. I want my fans to know that they are worth it and have purpose. Not to let anyone make you feel like you aren’t worth something and to never stop being who you are. I know sometimes it might feel hopeless but there are people that care about you and so never give up.
12. What advice do you have for people who want to make it in this business?
My advice would be work hard and keep moving forward. Don’t be discouraged if things don’t happen the way you plan…it’s a journey and you got to build your story. Dare to Dream.
13. What artist are you listening to on your iPod?
Lately I’ve been listening to Chris Brown, The Wanted, and David Guetta.
14. If you weren't singing, what would you be doing?
That’s a great question. Haha. Probably something still involved in the entertainment industry. Maybe I’d pursue acting more. I really love video and photo editing as well.
15. If you could only listen to one artist the rest of your life, who would it be?
Probably Jason Mraz. He has a lot of great music.
16. What are the five things you can’t live without?
My Family, Guitar, Piano, Laptop & iPhone.
17. Now this one is for the girls out there. Are you single?
Yeah I am…single and looking ladies. Haha.
18. Would you rather have super strength or super intelligence? Why?
I think I’d choose super intelligence. If I had super intelligence, I’m banking on the possibility I could move things with my mind.
19. If you were stranded on a desert island, what is the ONE thing you would miss the most?
My family for sure.
20. Ten years from now you will be….
Hopefully still doing music and touring nationally and internationally on a larger scale!